Based in Saint-Petersburg, Russia
September 1, 2006
Press / Business Contact:
191040, Ligovskiy 50-15-115
+00 (7) 911 919 69 69
ScratchDuino is a highly customizable, simple and interactive open source robot kit with magnetic-mount sensors.
Scratchduino is going to Kickstarter! scratchduino.com.
The Government of Finland promotes ScratchDuino OpenSource Robotics Kit for Education. scratchduino.com.
ScratchDuino team consists of professional teachers, designers and programmers, working in educational software and hardware development. We got an idea to create our own robot kit for students and robotics amateurs 4 years ago. We found that most of commercial robot kits are too complex to assemble and are closed source, while we believe that educational software and hardware should be open source. Thus, we decided to start from scratch, literally: we developed our own robot kit using Arduino as the basic hardware platform and Scratch as the programming language, getting ScratchDuino as a result.After that
Initial fundraising showed a lack of interest from banks and potential investors. They require commercial patents and closed source solutions, while we are open source evangelists. As a result we decided to go to Kickstarter, where we hope to meet people like us. Currently we manufacture our robots at Fablabs and hackerspaces. We will continue our cooperation with them for the sake of of global community development.
Kickstarter Video YouTube
Scratchduino speech for Google RISE summit YouTube
There are far more images available for ScratchDuino, but these are the ones we felt would be most useful to you. If you have specific requests, please do contact us!
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Winner in Finlanding 2014 contest." - Helsinki, Finland, Aug, 2014
- "Google RISE Award 2014." - San-Francisco, January, 2014
- "Google RISE Award 2013." - London, Febr, 2013
- "ScratchDuino launches Kickstarter campaign."
- , Helsinki business hub
- "Scratch Duino: an Open Source Programmable Magnetic Robot on Wheels."
- , Open Electronics
- "ScratchDuino, the Programmable Magnetic Robots Construction Kit is going to Kickstarter."
- , MARCHMONT Innovation News
- "Modular and Magnetic Scratch Duino Kit Makes Building a Breeze."
- Dragos Calin, ...a small team of Russian engineers try to re-build what is already build using the power of magnetism
More information about the ScratchDuino robots construction kit can be found here: kickstarter.com.
Google Rise Awards winners: google.com.
More information about Finlanding: ingria-startup.ru.
Team & Repeating Collaborators
Production, project manager
Author of the original idea, Engineer
U.S. marketing manager
Event manager, Finance